Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Barbecue Chicken Pizza



If you like the Barbecue Chicken Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, you have to try this recipe. I found the recipe on The Sisters Cafe website.  They have lots of yummy recipes and I love how these 5 sisters (or I guess 4 sisters and 1 sister-in-law) came together and created such a great food blog.  They seem like a fun, tight family.


While I am primarily responsible for the cooking in our house, Tim is by far the better cook (and he enjoys it more than me too).  He is usually the one that makes this pizza, and tonight was no exception.  Thanks for a yummy dinner tonight Tim (and for letting me interrupt the pizza perfection with my photos)!


Here are the ingredients you'll need:


  • 1 pizza crust (I like to use Whole Foods 365 Organic Pizza Crust or Boboli Original pizza)
  • Just over 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided (I have to insist that you use Famous Daves Original BBQ sauce.  I've tried others and Dave's is simply the best.  I guess that's why he's famous.)
  • 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced or diced
  • 1 large chicken breast, boiled and shredded (see Instructions below)
  • 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped


And here are the instructions:

  • Preheat oven according to the instructions on your pizza crust package.


  • To boil the chicken breast, place in a pot of boiling water and let boil for ~10 minutes.
  • When it has fully cooked through, take it out of the pot and shred the chicken lengthwise using two forks.
  • Toss the shredded chicken with just over 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.  You want the chicken to be covered but not soppy (or your crust will be soggy).

  • Spread just over 1/2 cup barbecue sauce on your pizza crust.  Again, don't use too much or your crust will be soggy.


  • Spread onions over sauce.


  • Spread chicken over onions.


  • Sprinkle cilantro over the chicken.


  • Top with cheese and bake according to the instructions on your pizza crust package, or 10-12 minutes.


Pin It

1 comment:

Treeves said...

Baby thanks for the shout-out. That pizza was soooooo good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...