Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops




I meant to post this yesterday but the girls and I met their Grandma and Grandpa at the Botanical Gardens and when we got home I was exhausted.  It was such a beautiful day to walk around the gardens.  Here's one of my favorite photos.  I love that Sidney insists on wearing hats outside.  Not only is it super cute but it also eases my worries about her sensitive skin in the sun.


  
Back to the treats!  I decided to make these Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops rather than my usual Cupcake Bites because I was running short on time and these are significantly faster to make.  The only downside...I had to make them the day of the party because I was worried that the marshmallows may not keep well over night.  They are entirely sealed in chocolate but just to be safe, I made them the day of the party.  It probably took me just under an hour to make 28 of them.  I found the idea on The Slow Roasted Italian blog.


Ingredients:
1 bag of Marshmallows
1/2 bag of Wilton Candy Melts
1/4 brick of Chocolate Almond Bark
Lollipop Sticks (6" in length)
Decorations (M&M's, sprinkles, melted colored chocolate for drizzling, etc.)


Instructions:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and line up your marshmallows on the paper.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate or candy melts in 30 second intervals.  Be sure to stir after each 30 second interval.


 Dip about 1/2" of the tip of your lollipop stick in the melted chocolate.


Push the chocolate dipped end of the lollipop stick through the marshmallow and repeat for all the marshmallows on the tray.


Dip the marshmallows in the chocolate until they are entirely covered.  I used a spoon to get the top of the marshmallow covered.


Tap the lollipop stick on the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.  Be sure to tap the lollipop stick closest to the marshmallow; otherwise the marshmallow could come off.


Decorate the marshmallow and place it back on the parchment paper to dry.  Allow the marshmallows to sit and dry for an hour or two.


Arrange on serving trays and enjoy!  In keeping with our Elmo party theme, I also added some Oreos topped with Elmo sugars that I found at the Party Store.  I used frosting to attach the Elmo sugars to the Oreos.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...