Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

Good morning!  I hope you had a fun 4th of July.  I have the perfect breakfast snack for you!  I was looking on Pinterest for a quick and mostly healthy breakfast snack and I found these cute and yummy little Breakfast Cookies.




They're the perfect snack and if you're in a rush in the morning, a couple cookies will tide you over.  Here's how you make them:



Ingredients:
3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 cups oats
¼ cup rice or almond milk
½ cup raisins 
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (optional)


Instructions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


2.  In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.  I'm sure there's a tool you can buy to mash bananas.  I found this wooden thing in our drawer.  I think Tim bought it to mash the limes when he makes Caipirinha's.  It works great for mashing bananas.  A fork would probably do the trick too.


3.  Combine remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix.  I like to add Flaxseed meal to recipes whenever I can (sorry I forgot to include it in my Ingredients picture).  It's so good for you and doesn't change the taste.


4.  Drop dough on a parchment lined baking sheet (~2 Tbsp for each cookie).


5.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Cool on a cookie sheet before packing in an air-tight container.


This recipe will make about 20 cookies.  Yum!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...