Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth of July Firecracker



One final Fourth of July art project - Firecracker!  Ava gets a bit scared when she hears fireworks at night and lately someone has been setting off fireworks almost every night!  I thought that if we did some firecracker arts and crafts it might help prepare her for the 4th of July fireworks shows.


Here's what you need:
- One piece of white 12" x 12" card stock
- Red and blue crayons
- Red, white and blue star stickers (I got mine from Michaels)
- Red, white and blue tulle
- 4th of July ribbon

First, I had Ava stick the stars on the white card stock and then color around the stars with red and blue crayons.  She decided to write the names of everyone in our family.

Next we cut pieces of ribbon and tulle and stapled them to the bottom of the card stock.

Then I rolled up the paper and stapled the top and bottom.  I also used double stick tape to secure the two sides together.  I used regular tape on the inside to make sure it stayed put.  Then, I covered the staples on the top and bottom with a piece of ribbon using double stick tape.  

The last step is stapling a piece of ribbon to the top to use as a handle.  Then I covered up the staples with a piece of ribbon across the top of the card stock using double stick tape.

Happy 4th of July!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...