Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Best Way to Freeze Cookie Dough



When I made Sidney's Egg Challenge cookies last week, I decided to freeze some of the dough because I have no self control when there are treats around the house. If you're like me, you'll appreciate how easy it is to freeze cookie dough.


Here's what you need:
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Gallon Sized Ziploc bag
- Permanent Marker


Here's what you do:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


2. Roll the entire batch of cookie dough into balls just like you would if you were baking them and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Be sure to place them far enough apart so that they are not touching or they will get stuck together.
3. Stick the baking sheet in the freezer uncovered.
4. Freeze the cookie dough balls for at least hour, maybe two.


5. Take a gallon sized freezer bag and label it with the recipe name, date, cooking temperature and time details.
6. After an hour or two, remove the frozen cookie dough balls from the freezer.


7. Lay the cookie dough balls on a piece of plastic wrap in a single level and wrap. I like to double wrap the dough to protect it against freezer burn.  I love that Ava gets as excited as I do with a camera (and cookies!).  I think maybe one cookie dough ball made it in her shot!
8. Place the plastic-wrapped cookie dough balls in the labeled freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal.
9. Stash the cookies in the freezer for later!
10. When I go to bake the frozen cookies I usually only thaw the cookies while the oven is preheating and I let them bake about 2 minutes longer than the original recipe states.  But I always check on them a bit early just to be safe!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...