Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Keeping Up

You may have noticed that I changed my blog name to Keeping Up with the Kiddos.  Lately, it takes all of my energy to keep up with my girls, including the unborn little girl.  I am 36 weeks along now.  Exhaustion is setting in, but the end is in sight thank goodness.  And while that is a very nice thought, it's also a bit overwhelming.  Our basement is coming along nicely, but still under construction.  The nursery is livable, but not cute.  Ava's new bedroom furniture was delivered last week and I sent back 5 of the 9 pieces that we ordered for replacements (seriously Ashley Home Furniture!!!).  I haven't packed my hospital bag, washed baby bottles, or gotten the baby clothes out of storage.  We have not agreed on a name for this baby.  We still need to get our family room carpet cleaned once the basement is finished.  Oh, and we need a new roof.

The one and only thing I have accomplished is get the maternity pictures taken.  And that almost didn't happen.  I found a photographer almost 2 months ago and set up a date to have the pictures taken.  Two days before the photo shoot we discussed logistics and photo props, etc.  Then...THE DAY BEFORE THE PHOTO SHOOT - VIA VOICEMAIL - SHE CANCELLED AND TOLD ME SHE COULD NOT RESCHEDULE!!!!!!  I'm sure that her emergency was greater than my need for maternity photos, but it was quite a scramble.  I got on the phone and called another photographer (Keri Dummerth) who filled in at the last minute.  I have to say that while I was disappointed that all this blew up at the last minute, I couldn't be more happy with the way it all turned out in the end.  Keri is AMAZING.  She's my new hero.  She is a mom of 5 kids and she is so talented and was unbelievable with our girls.  I can't decide which picture is my favorite.  We took maternity photos with all three of my pregnancies and this one was by far my most favorite.  I can't wait to see how the newborn photos turn out.  All's well that ends well!



More maternity pictures to come when I get the CD!!  Thanks so much Keri!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...