Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips


I have never made Banana Nut Bread (until now).  I think it's because I can never wait for the bananas to become over-ripe.  Then, the other day I noticed 3 bananas that were getting pretty brown, but still edible.  Perfect!  I found a recipe and miraculously had all the ingredients that I needed at home plus a couple extras that I like to add to my sweet breads.  I have to pat myself on the back because that bread was pretty amazing.  Here's all the info you need to make your own delicious Banana Bread.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (3 large)
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal (optional, but it's healthy and you won't even notice a difference in the taste - promise!)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts and pecans because that's what I had on hand)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional, but who doesn't like chocolate??)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
1.  Heat oven to 325 F.
2.  Grease a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3.  Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs. 
4.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into the loaf pan.
5.  Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 60- 70 minutes. 
6.  Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf pan and remove from pan. Let cool completely before slicing.

Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaves.




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...