Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Poppers

Every Christmas my mom buys these Poppers (some people call them Crackers) from World Market:
My girls love to pop them open and see the prize inside.

I have been trying to come up with some good non-candy gifts for the girls' Easter baskets.  There is not a lot of candy that Sidney can eat that is milk, egg and nut free so I prefer to do small gifts instead so Sidney doesn't feel left out.  This year, I made my own Easter Poppers!

All you need is an empty paper towel roll, tissue paper, tulle or ribbon and some small toys.

First, I cut my paper towel rolls down to the appropriate size and loaded them with the toys. I found some cute pencils in the dollar section at Target and I used felt heart stickers for confetti.

Once you've filled the paper towel roll, roll it up in the center of a piece of tissue paper.  You only need one piece of tissue paper or else it will be too hard to tear apart.  Tie the ends of the tissue paper using Tulle or Ribbon.

I used a heart-shaped craft punch to make gift tags.

Then I double stick taped the heart to the popper.

To open, the kids just pull on both ends of the tissue paper to pop open their surprise!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...