Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

9 is FINE

Tim and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in June.  With three kids aged 5 and under, I wasn't expecting much of a celebration.  Then my parents offered to watch my kids - all three of them - for the entire weekend.

Wholly cow.  An entire weekend without my kids.  I could hardly imagine what that would feel like to have no responsibilities for 72 hours.

While I would have been perfectly happy spending those 72 hours catching up on my sleep and freeing up some space on my DVR, a VERY smart friend of mine suggested that we book a room at the Chase Park Plaza for a couple of nights.  O.M.G.  This was the best weekend I've had in a long time.

Here's what our three days/two nights at the Chase looked like: 
...sleep in late
...hit up the coffee bar in the lobby
...lay at the pool
...try to beat level 65 on Candy Crush
...call my mom and make sure everyone is still alive
...have lunch on the pool deck
...lay at the pool some more, have some drinks and listen to live music
...shower
...see a movie at the hotel's movie theater
...go to dinner
...walk around the Central West End while we work up an appetite for dessert
...witness the 6th annual World Naked Bike Ride through the CWE
...eat dessert somewhere in the CWE
...go back to the hotel and catch up on Mad Men on Netflix (we are on Season 3!).

If you live in St. Louis or plan to visit St. Louis, the Chase is the perfect place to stay if you're looking for a relaxing weekend.  It's in the heart of the Central West End within walking distance to tons of restaurants and shopping.  There is a beautiful outdoor pool at the hotel, a salon and spa, a few shops, a movie theater and great restaurants.

This was such a special anniversary weekend.  To be able to spend time with Tim uninterrupted by kids is so rare.  I can't thank my parents enough.  They are THE BEST - especially my mom who always seems to remember what it feels like to have little ones even though it's been between 35 - 45 years since my brothers and I were little.  I hope I'm half as good of a mom and grandma for my girls.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...