Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dining Room Update - Part 2

My dining room furniture is complete.  I honestly don't think I could love our updated dining room set more.

My friend, Emily, painted my dining room table, chairs and china cabinet about a year ago.






I recently acquired the matching server from my parents' set and immediately called Emily to ask her to paint it.  Here is the before:

I thought the room needed some color so Emily painted some options on the back of the buffet:

We went with the color on the right, General Finishes Persian Blue. After applying two coats of paint, Emily distressed it and then applied a cocoa wash.  She also stained the top of the buffet to match the stain on the top of the dining room table.  We left the hardware as-is - I love keeping a bit of the original piece in tact.  Here is the finished product!









My grandma passed away this summer and I inherited a beautiful mirror that we hung over the server.


Thank you Emily!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...