Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Meet the Teacher Gifts & the Leukemia Lymphoma Society


It's Back to School time!!  So much preparation goes into the start of school. Not just for us parents and our kids, but for teachers too. My oldest is starting 2nd grade and my middle one is starting kindergarten.  The teachers at our school have been so good to us and have so much care and concern for my girls. They really try hard to make the kids feel important. They even give them little "welcome" gifts that the kids LOVE and each year I think to myself "I wish I had thought to give the teachers a little gift." 

This year I remembered!  My cousin, Cindy, is the BEST baker I know. She could honestly open a bakery she's that good. She is also a fantastic IT Consultant and has her own IT staffing solutions company so she doesn't have time to open a bakery. 

Cindy's claim to fame are these fabulous sugar cookies that she bakes and decorates. She takes orders from friends and family and friends of friends, etc. I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to order cookies from her and the time has come!!  Here are the "Meet the Teacher" cookies that Cindy made (and packaged!) for us.


Aside from these cookies being beautiful and delicious, Cindy does not ask for payment for her time and materials and talent. Did you hear that???  She does it for FREE.  All she asks is that you make a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. How amazing is that??!!??!!

If you're looking for gifts that "give back" you can Google "Shop with a Purpose" for more ideas.  I can't wait to give these cookies to the girls' teachers.  And I need to get them out of my house soon or I'll eat them all myself!!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...