Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

thirty seven

Having your birthday fall on the weekend is the BEST.  You are given the green light to go ahead and celebrate all weekend long.  So that's what we did.

On Friday, my actual birthday, my parents took Clara and I out to lunch.  We had the most beautiful weather on Friday and got sit and eat outside.




Lunch was followed by a trip to the mall to ride the carousel and the train.  This was more for Clara.  I nearly threw up riding the teacup on the carousel with her.



My sister-in-law came over with my niece and nephew after Clara and I picked up big sisters after school.  Living in the same neighborhood with my brother and sister-in-law is such a blessing and having our kids growing up near each other is irreplaceable. 

Tim came home from work with these beautiful flowers too :) 

On Saturday, I got to FaceTime my niece who just went away to college.  She's the first grandchild to go away to college (and 1/2 of my dynamic babysit duo).  We are all having a hard time letting her go.  I can't even imagine how hard it will be when my own kids leave for college...

Saturday afternoon, my mother-in-law and father-in-law came over to celebrate my birthday as well as my father-in-law's birthday.  My in-laws live near Ted Drewes and always offer to bring over a truck load for special occasions.  My #1 favorite treat!

Saturday night, Ava had her first ever sleepover!  


All of the calls, texts, emails, FB messages from family and friends made me feel like the luckiest lady on earth. Aside from almost visiting the ER and my dishwasher breaking for the gazillionth time, I couldn't have asked for more.  Thirty seven is going to be a great year, I can feel it!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...