Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Dinosaur Crayons


My littlest one, Clara, has requested a Dinosaur-themed 3rd birthday party.  Probably not a typical theme for a three year old girl's birthday, but Clara is anything but typical.  I love that about her.

I've been looking around for dino party ideas and I found some dinosaur coloring books at Dollar Tree.  My girls love to color.  Especially with fun crayons!


I found an oven-safe dinosaur mold on Amazon and I've been saving the girls' old crayons.


I used a sharp knife to cut the wrapper off the crayon.


Then I cut the crayons into small pieces and grouped them by color.


Then I filled the mold with crayons.


Then I placed the mold on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven, heated to 275 degrees for 5-10 minutes. The time it takes to melt the crayons may vary based on the brand of  crayon you use.  Once the crayons are melted, take them out to solidify.


Once all the crayons have melted, I popped mine in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to solidify. Then you can turn the dino mold inside out to get the crayon out.



So darn cute!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...